The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.Carl Jung
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator or “MBTI” Assessments offer suggestions on ways…
- we gain energy (Extraversion or Introversion)
- gather or become aware of information (Sensing or Intuition)
- decide or come to conclusions about that information (Thinking or Feeling)
- deal with the world around us (Judging or Perceiving)
The MBTI instrument is not a measure of skills or abilities in any area. Rather, it is a way to become aware of a particular style and to better understand and appreciate the helpful ways that people differ from one another. Suggest ways to improve…
- Decision making
- Managing change
- Managing conflict
Sometimes a particular situation calls for using a less-preferred part of your personality. Your facet results can make it easier for you to temporarily adopt a less natural approach. Begin by identifying which facets are relevant and which poles are more appropriate to use. Knowledge of type can enrich your life in several ways. It can help:
- Better understand yourself. Knowing your own type helps you understand the assets and liabilities of your typical reactions.
- Understand others. Knowing about type helps you recognize that other people may be different. It can enable you to see those differences as useful and broadening, rather than annoying and restricting.
- Gain perspective. Seeing yourself and others in the context of type can help you appreciate the legitimacy of other points of view. You can then avoid getting stuck in believing your way is the only way. No perspective is always right or always wrong.
Back to explore our services…